RIDGWAY--Friday is fast approaching for the Ridgway Area School District's Homecoming football game at Memorial Field at 7 p.m. The Ridgway Elkers will take on Punxsutawney. (Go Elkers!) In addition to theme days at the school for current students, the Alumni Association will also hold a variety of activities this coming weekend.
There are "theme" days for students all this week at both the Elementary and Middle/High schools. Students dressed to impress on Monday with "Tropical Day." On Tuesday, it's "Destination Day" (wear clothes from your favorite vacation spot). On Wednesday, it's "Disney Day," along with the annual Snake Walk and Bonfire beginning at 6:30 p.m. at Ace Hardware on Main Street. On Thursday, it's "USA Day" (wear your red, white, and blue), followed by Friday's "Hometown Pride Day" (wear your Maroon and White). Middle and High School Students Students will also enjoy a Pep Assembly 5th Period (1:10 p.m.) at Memorial Field with the Homecoming Game that evening at 7 p.m. The 2021 Homecoming King and Queen will be announced at halftime of the football game. On Saturday, the RHS Homecoming Dance will be held at the RHS Tennis Courts.
Saturday morning, school tours will be given for returning Alumni beginning at 10:30 a.m. at the High School. On Saturday evening, the alumni will get together at Royal Inn beginning at 5 p.m. for Happy Hour, with entertainment and dinner for the remainder of the evening. An alumni special with the band "One Last Breath" featuring RHS alumni will provide musical entertainment for the night after a delicious dinner from LaValle's Italian Garden.
All money raised for the Homecoming by the Alumni will support the Ridgway Area High School Alumni Scholarship Fund. The Ridgway Area High School Alumni Scholarship Fund is an annual scholarship fund available to any graduating senior at the Ridgway Area High School who meets the eligibility requirements. The purpose of this fund is to give graduating seniors a start on their continuing education and an opportunity for success. The Alumni Association and individual Classes donate to the scholarship fund.
Come on out on Friday and support the Elkers at the Homecoming Game. Any alumni who have not yet registered for the gathering on Saturday at the Royal should contact email@example.com.
- RASD and Ridgway Borough seek to clarify aspects of the Occupational Tax Elimination Act
- Last Farmers Market for 2021 in Fox Township
- PSP warns of scammers using new system PA Unemployment system to apply for benefits
- Game night- Elkers vs. Gremlins in Paper City
- Magnusson honored at Senior Day
- Union/AC Valley wins at Cameron County, Friday's games
- Ramettes hold senior night, Lady Elkers defeated in Kane
- Elkers soccer team building for the future
- Pennsylvania State Police engaged in drug related traffic stop
- Bench Warrant issued for James Edward Skundrich
- Kersey High School Reunion held at the Royal Inn
- Magnusson honored, Lady Elkers win
- JMA monthly meeting reports progress on water plant woes
- Central Clarion clamps down on Elkers, win 33-14
- Johnsonburg Borough Council holds short October meeting
- Festival of Flavors held in Johnsonburg on Saturday evening
- Pine Ridge Farm and Bear Creek Wines held a wine and cheese corn maze on Sunday
- Clarification of Kersey High School Reunion article.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.