Skip to main content

Historic Cooke's Murphyhouse opens its doors

June 4, 2014

Photo by Katherine Porter – From left: Michelle Bogacki, John Paul MacDonald, Jack Cleaver, Tina Clancy, Cindy Herzing, Phyllis Cooke, Dwight Cooke, Abbi Peters and Fred Peters cutting the ribbon at a ceremonial ribbon cutting held by the chamber of commerce.

Phyllis and Dwight Cooke have recently opened the doors of Ridgway's newest bed and breakfast, the Cooke's Murphyhouse, located in a historic home along East Avenue.
The home, located at 111 East Ave., was built in 1894 as a gift to the bride of Sam Murphy, the son of Walter Murphy of the original Hyde-Murphy Company.

Ridgway golfers have been faring well this summer in the Penn-York Junior Golf League. Josh Roselli...
Undefeated in the Elk County League playoffs, the St. Marys American Legion Post 103 baseball team...
WILCOX – The Wilcox bats couldn't solve Smethport pitcher Dustin Zetwick Sunday afternoon. They won...