Skip to main content

Fire damages Sherman Ave. residence

April 12, 2013

Photo by Aimee Coder

An accidental fire broke out early Friday morning at a Sherman Avenue residence in Ridgway.
According to reports, the two-story residence at 600 Sherman Ave. is owned by Dorli A. Pounds, age 29, of Ridgway. In a report filed by Corporal Greg Agosti, a Fire Marshal for the Pennsylvania State Police, and the Ridgway Fire Department, the fire was determined to be accidental in nature and resulted from a plastic toy melting in a forced air heating vent. Damage was estimated at $5,000. There were no injures. The call came in at 7:58 a.m.

With two starters out due to injury and a strong Port Allegany girls soccer team coming in, Ridgway...
JOHNSONBURG – Johnsonburg volleyball lost 3-0 (25-17, 25-15, 27-25) to DuBois Monday night at...
The Elk County Catholic Crusader football team played host to the Smethport Hubbers for a chilly...