Skip to main content

Fire damages Sherman Ave. residence

April 12, 2013

Photo by Aimee Coder

An accidental fire broke out early Friday morning at a Sherman Avenue residence in Ridgway.
According to reports, the two-story residence at 600 Sherman Ave. is owned by Dorli A. Pounds, age 29, of Ridgway. In a report filed by Corporal Greg Agosti, a Fire Marshal for the Pennsylvania State Police, and the Ridgway Fire Department, the fire was determined to be accidental in nature and resulted from a plastic toy melting in a forced air heating vent. Damage was estimated at $5,000. There were no injures. The call came in at 7:58 a.m.

A senior-laden starting lineup for Ridgway boys basketball helped the Elkers to a 16-2 lead en...
It was a tale of two halves on Wednesday night in the Wolves’ Den. The Kane Lady Wolves’ basketball...
JOHNSONBURG – The Johnsonburg Ramettes (5-13) struggled mightily Wednesday night in a 35-21 loss to...