Skip to main content

Fire damages Sherman Ave. residence

April 12, 2013

Photo by Aimee Coder

An accidental fire broke out early Friday morning at a Sherman Avenue residence in Ridgway.
According to reports, the two-story residence at 600 Sherman Ave. is owned by Dorli A. Pounds, age 29, of Ridgway. In a report filed by Corporal Greg Agosti, a Fire Marshal for the Pennsylvania State Police, and the Ridgway Fire Department, the fire was determined to be accidental in nature and resulted from a plastic toy melting in a forced air heating vent. Damage was estimated at $5,000. There were no injures. The call came in at 7:58 a.m.

Ridgway boys soccer extended their winning streak to four matches after a 3-1 win over Smethport...
The Ridgway Lady Elkers won the first game of Tuesday’s volleyball match in Kane rather handily, 25...
The St. Marys Area Lady Dutch volleyball team defeated the Johnsonburg Ramettes 3-0 last night in a...