Skip to main content

Charles Street home damaged by fire

August 16, 2012

Photo by Amy Cherry

ST. MARYS – Members of the Crystal Fire Department were called out Thursday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. for a reported structure fire at 330 Charles St.
Upon arrival, firefighters found the first floor fully involved in fire. Firefighters established a water supply and knocked the fire down. They spent a considerable amount of time working on hot spots.
There was heavy fire, heat and smoke damage to the first floor, moderate heat and smoke damage to the second floor and moderate smoke damage to the basement.
There were no injuries.
The cause of the fire was attributed to unattended cooking.
The Crystal Fire Department was back in service at 5:30 p.m. They were assisted at the scene by members of the St. Marys City Police Department and the St. Marys Area Ambulance Service.

Pick up a copy of the Friday, Aug. 17, 2012 edition of The Ridgway Record for more.

A win for Elk County Catholic boys basketball over a state-ranked rival gave ECC the No. 1 seed in...
JOHNSONBURG – Johnsonburg junior Kevin Benson (24 points) and senior Zane Hodgdon (15 points)...
JOHNSONBURG – While some passes slipped away from Johnsonburg boys basketball Monday night, the...